Sunday, August 30, 2009

Personal Update

My summer was singlehandedly the greatest opportunity I have ever had to effectively gauge what I want to do with the next few years of my life. During this summer, I, unlike anyone else I have ever met, was able to immerse myself into three incredibly different experiences in a span of just over three months. Within each month-long experience, living conditions, community, activities, diet, and culture differed considerably. I was intellectually stimulated and physically worked in many ways, and in result, my outlook on life has drastically deepened.

Four months ago, I wanted to enter the field of scientific research.
Four months from now I want to build houses out of mud, grow food from the land, and live a more simple lifestyle, ideally with others who share these passions. I have lots to learn and lots to share.

But first, I have unfinished business--college--and must tend to it for several months.

I am alive.

- Teddy Grahams

2 comments:

  1. Hey Teddy,

    Glad to hear you had such a great summer. I too had a very drastic year. Europe, Iraq, camp, and now student teaching. To live in such a vast spectrum has to be good, Right? The only thing I am sure of now is that it can twist the soul. I am waiting for a time to take it all in and see what I have become. Best of luck to you on the Eastern Front.
    - Paul from Cabin E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul! It is so nice to hear from you! Living in such a vast spectrum is certainly eye opening. Gaining insight is certainly a good thing, but sometimes it is a hard thing to swallow. I would compare it to being able to see something from the future and wanting to stop it from happening, but knowing I am only one person it becomes difficult. Nonetheless, I stick to my dream and do what I feel is right. I hope your teaching is going well!

    - Teddy

    ReplyDelete

I get spam comments every day now, so I now require word verification to post something. I apologize for the minor inconvenience.