Sunday, August 21, 2011

A Radically Naked Bible Study


A Traditional Interpretation Of 2 Corinthians 12:9,10
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

A Reinterpreted 2 Corinthians 12:9,10
Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so the power of the soul may live through me. As a living soul I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. The warm winds of rebuke feel like food to my soul. The hot fire of failure fuels the light of my soul. For when I fail, then I am strong in spirit and walk through its open door to redemption. Therefore I sing the song of my soul without fear, that when my mouth closeth I finally know complete rest in the the kind of silence that is one with the Father within.

If knowing that you do not know is the beginning of wisdom, then questions are like an open door to a new world. The Quest is contained in the question. The question is a journey for which destinations are only temporary. Its complete answer can never arrive, but only deepen in unfolding like another signpost on the way.


- Excerpts fom Lucid Tribe Media's essay, "Naked Compassion"

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get spam comments every day now, so I now require word verification to post something. I apologize for the minor inconvenience.