Monday, August 1, 2011

An Societyally-Atypical Love Poem


"I am not here
to give people
what they think they want
when they want it.
My promise is not one of
wish-granting
personality serving
or easy satisfaction.
I don’t supply those corrupt demands
our privilege whines for
Don’t serve your notions of
happiness
comfort
success
don’t pander to or exploit
your secret insecurities
like some cartoon 'devil.'

I am here
to remind people
of what they truly long for
in the sacred green landscape
of their inner world.
My promise is one:
Invitation
to
I AM
That I AM
Whole
Being
Filled.
I serve to coax
our shiny, fabulous, Heaven
selves out into the sunny
Earth truth,
I serve that ONE
who does not have to
send love from him to you
like some cartoon 'God'
That one
Who is love.
I serve restoration
to the state
where our pleasure/torture notions
of being 'in love'
are like faded photographs
next to
the temple-knowing
I AM love."

- Helena Barrera

No comments:

Post a Comment

I get spam comments every day now, so I now require word verification to post something. I apologize for the minor inconvenience.