Friday, February 24, 2012

Neutrality, Immorality

"I would not be who I am and I would not write what I write without having learned from some of my elders who refused to believe that writers should or can be apolitical or neutral or objective. The truth is most important, they said. It is more important than money. It is more important than fame. It is more important than your career. It’s more important than your preconceptions. Follow the truth—follow the words and ideas—wherever they lead. Words matter, they said. Art matters. Literature matters. Words and art and literature can change lives, and can change history. Make sure that your words and your art and your literature move people individually and collectively in the direction of justice and sustainability. They said literature that supports capitalism is immoral. A literature that supports patriarchy is immoral. A literature that does not resist oppression is immoral. But you can help to create a literature of morality and resistance, as each new generation must create this literature, with the help of all those generations who came before, holding their hands for support, just as those who come after will need to hold yours."

- Derrick Jensen, http://www.orionmagazine.org/index.php/articles/article/6698

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting! Also some kind of my attitude.

    Thank you Teddy. How are you? Did you recover well?

    Yours sincerely

    Olivier Klastat

    www.no-extremes.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Olivier! I am doing well... My health is alright. I have chronic intestinal issues, and have been slowly getting to the root of the problem over the past two years. It is the reason I have done a lot of reading about ancestral health and primal dieting. Sometimes I have bad crashes but I am getting better at preventing them.

    Slow and steady.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine that you are doing better: stop flying with your balloon over polluted damn industrial complexes ;-) Inhale energy, exhale what ever you want. :-D Consciously.

    All the best dear Teddy!

    Yours appreciatively

    Olivier Klastat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Derrick calls it like he sees it -- he is a truth seeker. -- barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! I love how clearly is able to communicate things, even when they are contrary to the expectations of the mainstream culture.

    ReplyDelete

I get spam comments every day now, so I now require word verification to post something. I apologize for the minor inconvenience.